Thursday, June 16, 2016

Stock Investments

Investing in stocks is for you - who seek to tell the story for a long time.

Stocks are not where you get the highest returns for your investments in the short run. We will never know what happens in the future. However, you do actually own a share of the economic engine of the economy, and fund its growth path and plans.

Stock Market

I am unlike the typical stock investor. I look at what do I expect in the future. What will I keep using and enjoy using now and in the long run, I think it is perfectly reasonable for me to pump my funds in these companies. For instance, I do expect to use a lot of Internet and telecommunications services, I expect to use online banking, I may drive around in fuel-efficient and perhaps self-driving cars. I will probably live in downtown in a city where the weather is good and the job opportunities aplenty (and so do both elderly folks and younger working professionals), I do grocery shopping in both places where I need to touch and see things and online.

Also, I try to match what I expect to spend in the near future to the portfolio I am having, so telecommunications never go above 20% of my portfolio, cars never above 20%, housing never above 30% and so on.

I wish you good luck in your investing journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment